Thursday, October 12, 2006

Jambo,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am safely in Nairobi with my parents at a hotel that is much to nice to deserve me as a guest. We easily found our driver when we got off the plane and it all went smoothly. We are off to Arusha in Tanzania tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, the flight was pretty eventful because Bill from Illinois decided to travel to Nairobi despite being 96 years old, a veteran of 2 myocardial infarctions, the recipient of a pacemaker and he also had the flu and was severely dehydrated. As a result, my Dad spent several hours treating him, gave him an IV and a whole lot of other stuff. I would say that the most tense moment was when Bill started shaking uncontrollably and was unable to speak right as we were over Darfur, so we were afraid ol Bill was pretty fucked because I would say most of us were willing to let him do his thang so that we wouldnt have to enter the Sudan. Fortunately, he hung on and the paramedics met us at the gate. So ya, we are here and I am really really excited to be here and get this going. Hope all is well,

Dunc