Thursday, September 28, 2006

Holla,

I want to toss some pics up but I am quite stupid and this interweb isnt helping me do so, its pretty slow. Well I am in Ios, and it's a pretty rad place. I am staying at a great hostel called francescos. the island is pretty dead compared to the summer, but still lots of ppl here and having a solid time.

I arrived and was put in a room with a nice aussie dude named adam. we were chatting for quite a while and i happened to mention that i really liked australian people, adn there was only one i ever met that really sucked, and her name is kat ternes and she worked at my camp. he looked at me kind of weird, but i didnt think much of it. anyways later on i asked him his last name and i thought he said 'ternes' and i responded with a muttered "fuck". it looked to me at this point that i had told him the one person i genuinely disliked on his entire fuckin continent was like his sister or something. so i spent the rest of the nite trying to smooth things over, and bought him a bunch of drinks so that hopefully he would be so wasted he would forget that i said i despised his relation. anyways we reached a point where i am pretty sure he thought that i was hitting on him because i had liquored him up so much, it somehow came up at that his name is actually burns, not ternes. so i am basically broke, sigh.

we were at a bar called flames and i was given a sticker, which i put on my shirt cuz it 3was amazing, and i think it said "flames bar: we are flaaaming". so i pretty much loved it, but some aussie guy tried to take it off my shirt and i got very very upset. as most of you know, im a lover not a fighter, but this was probably the first time in my life i actually tried to start a fight, and it was over a fucking sticker. lets just say that kat ternes now has some company on the "strongly disliked australian list".

when i got back from the bar to the hostel i started talking to a nice but cocky fellow from vacnvouver with a mohawk. with such light opening conversation topics as teh vancouver canucks and the croc hunter, colour me surprised that the conversation ended 4 hours later with the sun coming up and him crying on my shoulder that his life was so materialistic and unfulfilling.

oh ya, did i mention that i saw gwyneth paltrow in heathrow on my way here with her baby suri (or is that tom cruises gay coverup baby, im a little out of touch). i was gonna follow her and start humming clocks really loudly to see if i could impress her, but i thought a restraining order would be a bad start to the trip.

anyways, im here for 2 more days and then off to crete, and then to london to see my pals. keep firing me emails, theyre amazing. graham smith wins so far for best email, with a definite honourable mention for my old roomy geoff. hope all is well,

dunc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home