Monday, October 02, 2006

Ello loves,

Let me say, road rash really takes a day or so to become mind-numbingly painful, but here we are. But as my good friend Ferg reminded me in an email, I probably should have learned how to adequately ride a bike before I stepped on a motorbike. Overall Ios was amazing, I would definitely recommend it. It was crazy enough and it was the end of the season with only a few bars open, I can only imagine what it would be like in the summer. I am in Crete now, and it is a pretty cool place, although I think this is where all the old couples come after they leave Santorini. It is the most southern island in Greece, and since it is pretty far away it has a bit of a different culture than the rest of the country. Oh and it has trees, they arent very big but it's an improvement over everywhere else in Greece where they apparently got rid of all their trees in favour of olives thousands of years ago. I remember that from a class I took, Queen's was worth it.

Today I went and hiked Samaria Gorge, which was absolutely amazing, a very beautiful place. However, I do feel as if I was a special guest of a retirement home's bi-decade field trip. I felt like I was hiking through Flanders Field as 86 year olds were lying on every possible piece of real estate on either side of the trail, with an extra special pileup at the top of the one 10 metre section that went up. However, the bonus of this excursion is that I now know how to read someone's face when it says, "holy shit you are under 70." See, look how much I'm learning mom.

I've been reading tons of good stuff. Right now am reading "Cradle to Cradle" which is basically about how badly the world makes its products and more generally about how fucked the world is. It's a really important book that everyone should read, seriOUS. I've also read "Three Day Road" about 2 native snipers in the first world war, and "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell, both of which were great.

I cant wait for hockey to start so I can win all of my pools as usual, mostly cuz blake cant step up and make the right choices under pressure. anyways to london on the 4th for a week, and then to kenya on the 12th. oh ya and fuck you joyce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home