Friday, October 27, 2006

Whaaat's happening,

I am in Nairobi once again, and have now met up with Paiger to start our big overland trip. We are worried that we may have joined a group that would more appropriately find itself at a Golden Girls reunion party, but that is merely based on Paige hearing some elderly folk say something about a long trip to South Africa in our hotel, so we are cautiously optimistic that we are either wrong or that they will drop out of the trip quickly to attend said Golden Girls reunion party.

My trip with my parents is now over, and it was great. We saw Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti, and spent the last 5 days in Tsavo, which is famous for its "man-eaters of Tsavo" which were 2 lions that ate 28 Indians and approx 100 Africans because they had absesced teeth and couldn't hunt normal animals anymore. As I understand it, Val Kilmer then arrived on the scene and single-handedly saved the day. Or that may have just been the case in the movie about it, "The Ghost and the Darkness" but I wouldnt be surprised if it was actually Val who took care of business in real life.

We stayed at Finch Hatton's in Tsavo, he is famous for being the lover of some broad in some movie called "Out of Africa." Great place, in which I almost lost a hand when I was marvelling at the fake crocodiles they had by the hippo pool that our tent overlooked, when I soon realized that they were real crocodiles.

I've really enjoyed my 2 weeks here, seeing many amazign animals and meeting some really great people. African people love it when you use their language and smile and be polite and shake hands. I've really improved my politeness over the years, especially from when I was 3 when I told a man at the video store to "go fuck himself" when he reached for my favourite movie, "Little Women (cartoon version)" I always cried when Jo cut her hair.

Anyways, we are off to Uganda tomorrow for 2 weeks, where we are going whitewater rafting and tracking mountain gorillas through the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.

Laaater